Tuesday, May 19, 2009

WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL ABOUT F1?

Early last month, on 4/4/2009 which is a Saturday, Amir and I went to watch F1 qualifying round. It was really hot, scorching in fact and I was sweating like a pig.


When we got there, they were having autograph signing sessions with some of the drivers including Button, which I was dying to get but didn't manage to even if the management tried to limit to 1 item per person to be autograph as the line was frikkin' long and the sessions were short. I stood in the deadly heat amidst sweating F1 fans for nothing.



Then, after the above dissapppointment, we proceeded to locate our seat and when we finally found it, the drivers were having test runs. That was when I realized that I forgot to bring my earplugs so my ears hurts, my eardrums were ringing like crazy and when it finally went numb, I decided that maybe it's time to go look for some earplugs. We managed to find some that cost about RM10 which is, in my opinion a bit too much for a simple tiny yellow sponge (no relation to spongebob squarepants) but I bought it anyway as I would rather part with my hard earned money than to part with my hearing which will cost me more of my hard earned money if I want it back in the event I lose it.


Then, as I have mentioned, the day was extremely hot so again, I had to fork out RM5 for 1 small bottle of drinking water (but mind you, I needed lots of it) as outside drinks are not allowed. Again, I would rather buy them, however expensive it might be, than get severely dehydrated and die. Then, whatever money I have won't mean a thing.



However, I did get sunburns on my arms and neck. My first time ever and it hurts so bad, even days after.



Anyway, towards the end of the day, after the qualifying and on our way back to our car which cost about RM50 to park at some obscure place far, far away, it started to rain cats and dogs which forced us to take shelter in the open info booth which looked as if it was going to collapse everytime the wind blew. We had to wait for the rain to stop before making our way back to our car. But I still got slightly wet.





Nevertheless, all that aside, we had a great time.



We got free tickets for great seats (they cost a bomb, thanks cuzzie for the tix!)




managed to get a glimpse of Button (not in the pic below), got to spend time with my Syg



and I can at least say I've been there, done that. Actually, this is my second time but the first time I got paddock tix (thanks to another cuzzie.. heheh) so that was another experience altogether!

2 comments:

amicus curiae said...

the big deal about it is:

KAU TAK AJAK AKUUUUUU.
fiu fiu.

(sebenarnya im not an F1 fan,tapi aku kan suka 'merasa' experience)

Nikeda said...

hahaha... ler, mano la den tau... tape, nnt bile ada lagi aku ajak ko...